Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My Due Date!!


Yep, that's me...still very pregnant, still at school, and going crazy!



Well it's officially Dec. 18th, my due date, and there is no sign of little Maddux. I went to the doctor last night hoping for some good news but I am still just dilated to a 2 and 80% effaced. Which is what I have been for the last 3 weeks. Thankfully, I have an appointment set to be induced on Friday morning, Dec. 21st, at 5 a.m. It gives me something to look forward to. My colleges can't believe I am still here but my students couldn't be happier! (they are worried about me leaving them) If Maddux doesn't decide to come today or tomorrow then Greg and I have decided to both take Thursday off of school to relax a little together before I am induced on Friday and then he has two weeks off for Christmas Vacation. I feel really blessed that he gets to spend that time with us before having to return to work.

We hope that the next blog will be pictures of our little boy... we'll keep you updated!

3 comments:

Olivia said...

What a cute little pregnant lady you are. I'm sorry that your due date has come and went already. Maybe Maddux just needed a few more days to stay warm. It is cold in Cedar you know! I can't wait to hear that you are at the hospital... I keep hoping that its you everytime I hear my phone ring. Good idea about taking the day before your hospital induction off. Enjoy your last few days of just YOU and GREG. AHHH I'm so excited!!

Janene said...

K-with Luke I kept thinking--there must be a button I need to push or something that will make this whole thing start. It was so maddening. But, he finally came--somehow your body just eventually does it. Good luck--at least you don't have to go 7 days over. =)

Anonymous said...

Hey Melanie! I found you though someone through someone...well you know how it goes...but I made a blog too! Its spenceranddebbie.blogspot.com. Now, we can be blog buddies...Spencer thinks this whole blog thing is retarded! :) Whatever. Anyways, hope you are sleeping a little bit longer now.