Friday, December 7, 2007

Ward Baby Shower


Last night my ward threw me a baby shower! It was so much fun! One of the mom's of a students in my class this year is also in my ward...she called about a week ago and asked if she could throw me a shower. Since it was last so last minute we decided that we would just all meet for dessert at the Pizza Factory and open presents. I didn't realize that she was going to decorate the restaurant, have games and more! I was so touched...it was so thoughtful of her. There are a lot of fun young girls in my ward who have babies or young families and it was fun for us to get together and be able to talk.

For an update on me...my days are full of wondering and waiting for something to happen. I am only 11 days from my due date. I am so excited for Maddux to get here but I am also anxious about the delivery. I just keep praying that nothing happens at school! I spend the evenings organizing the baby room, having heartburn like crazy and being uncomfortable. I can't sleep either...last night I woke up at 2 in the morning and couldn't go back to sleep until 5. I eventually woke Greg up at 4 and he kept me company for an hour. (He's such a cute husband!) We have another doctors appointment on Monday and we are looking forward to seeing if I have progressed...until then we are are staying close to home...just in case!

3 comments:

Taryn said...

That made me excited just reading that! I'm anxious for Maddux to get here too! That was so sweet of that mom to throw you a shower, how fun!

Olivia said...

I'm glad that you got a shower before Maddux arrived! Sounds like it was alot of fun. Is that a picture of the decorations? So cute!! Can't wait to hear how much you have progressed on Monday.

Ames Family said...

cute blog mel!