Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving in Las Vegas


For Thanksgiving this year we went to Las Vegas to see my family. It was a lot of fun! My mom had about 20 people for dinner. We arrived early on Thursday morning and stayed until Sunday. We were able to finish all our Christmas shopping while we were there...thanks to Greg for braving the crowds on Friday morning to get it done! We made the goal to get it all done this weekend so that we don't have anything to worry about with the baby coming so soon! About three weeks left...can you believe it?

Here's the huge table we all sat around for dinner!

My Mom, Janae, Me and Deidre relaxing while the boys did the dishes!

Stuffed for Thanksgiving! My cousin Andrea due Dec. 16th, Me due Dec. 18th, and my sister Janae due Jan. 26th.

This is a picture of Uncle Greg and Carter (Janae's son). They were attached at the hip the whole weekend. Carter loves Uncle Greg!! They played cars together and looked at the lawn mower in the garage a million times. Carter also decided that he did not want to eat anything at a table unless his Uncle Greg was sitting next to him. He even asked Grandma and his Dad to move over to make room for Greg. It was so cute!! The sad part was that when we got home on Sunday we received a call from Janae who said Carter had been crying because Uncle Greg had gone home and wanted to talk to him on the phone. I think carter would agree that Maddux is going to be one lucky boy to have Greg as his Dad!!

4 comments:

Olivia said...

Mel thats a cute story about Greg and Carter. Cute picture too. I'm sure it made Greg excited to be a dad. Kids are so much fun expecially when they are old enough to tell you how they feel. I'm so excited for you guys to be parents.
Love the belly pictures!! You actually look pregnant in these ones. Good thing since Maddux will be here any day.

Taryn said...

We can't wait for Maddux to get here! I love your new blog, the room looks adorable. We missed being with you guys at Thanksgiving!

Danielle said...

Melanie! It's Danielle Mook! I can't believe you are pregnant! YOu look so cute. Congrats!

P.S. I linked from Olivia's blog, just in case you were wondering

Janae said...

Cute pictures! Carter still asks me when we get to see Uncle Greg again. He loves him! I think it is so neat that Greg took the time to pay attention to Carter. He will probably never know the impact he made on that little boy! Good thing that he has such great examples for Uncles!