Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Getting Ready for Maddux

I almost can't believe it but there is only one month to go before my due date (Dec. 18th)!! We are so excited and can't wait to meet Maddux!! We have been working extra hard to get his room ready for his arrival. We thought it would be fun to share what it looks like so far...


It all started with the bedding... It took me a long time to find something I liked. (I have a problem with decision making) But, I finally, with the help of my Mom and sisters, decided on this cute plane bedding from Pottery Barn.

After that we bought furniture, which was also a hard decision for me. Then Greg added chair rail half way up the wall and painted below with stripes! Greg's parents helped us paint when they came and visited one weekend which was a lot of fun. The boys will try to take credit for all the work but my mother-in-law and I agree that the small details...like obsessively straight lines...are what really make it so cute!

Next we received this really cute plane mobile from Greg's parents.

Then my cute husband worked all day one Saturday to put his name above his bed. I painted the letters but he cut the wood for the frame, painted the wall inside of the frame and then hung the letters. I love how it turned out!


The last thing that happened was my sister Olivia volunteered to paint some of the exact planes from his bedding on canvas to hang on the wall above his changing table. I still need to but the frames before I hang them but here is what they turned out like!! I knew she was an amazing artist but I cant' believe how perfect these turned out!! They will be a gift from Aunt Olivia that Maddux will always treasure!

Here is the final product!

3 comments:

Midge said...

Yeah, the blog is up! We are excited to see the finished room. Can't wait til Maddux is here. Olivia is so talented - love the pictures. Mom and Dad Harris

Janae said...

So cute! I love Maddux's room. I need to get started on Audrey's room (well sort of room). See you soon!

Olivia said...

It looks so cute Mel. I love his room. How fun to be able to paint and decorate like that. I can't wait to see it in person... which will probably not be until the summer. Love you.