Saturday, March 7, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Valentine's Day Date

Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox

This year I decided that I wanted to take a little pressure off Greg and plan Valentine's Day myself. So I got a group of my girlfriends together and we planned a day date to my parent's cabin in Zion's. It was a surprise for the husbands and so much fun! We made invitations, invited our husbands, met for breakfast on Saturday, drove to Zion's, and spent all of Saturday and Sunday morning there! It was really fun to take charge for a year and I think it meant a lot to the boys! :) We are hoping it inspires the boys to do something creative next year too!

6 comments:

JaKe and NaT* said...

Looks like you guys had a way fun valentines!! Where were you guys at?

Olivia said...

Mel I'm so glad that you are still alive. You haven't posted in a while an you never called me back. I guess you really are long lost. Anyways I'm jealous that you were able to plan such a fun date to the cabin. I still have never been there. What did you do with Maddux? Looks like a great date. Greg will have a hard time showing it up next year. Love and miss you guys. You better call me soon... what have you been up to?

Tristen said...

Looks like a fun Valentine's Day!! You have to blog more...I miss seeing pictures of your cute family! :)

Cherlelynn Bednar said...

What a fun idea! I like the idea of planning Valentine's Day every once in a while- such a great idea. I saw a picture of LeAnn (she was in some of my classes) tell her I said hi! Hope you have a great day.

Taryn said...

You are such a sweet wife to plan that for a Valentine's Day getaway! That cabin looks great and so much fun.

I'll be waiting to hear what Greg plans for next year!

Janene said...

I'm so glad your Valentine's date turned out so well! It looks like so much fun! I hope I get to see the cabin one day--it looks so pretty.