Monday, October 6, 2008

St. George Marathon!

This weekend was the St. George Marathon and Greg and Ralph ran in it! It was crazy weather....but Greg did AWESOME! He ran the whole 26.2 miles in only 2hrs and 41min!!! He is such a stud! We were so proud of him! It was 20th place overall and seventh in his age group which is a really competivite age range. Ralph also did so good getting third in his age group.

It was nice to also have Greg's family here to support him. Taryn, Midge, Me and the babies hung out together most of the time which was so much fun. Everytime we have the boys together I always wish we lived closer to them because they are so cute together. These first few pictures are of me and Taryn with the boys hanging out in the car because it was raining and cold. We stayed in the car as long as we could. Midge found a premire parking spot right next to the finish line so we were able to stay in the car till the last possible moment.




When we finally did venture out to see Greg and Ralph cross the finish line it was quite the task...two babies, one stroller & three umbrellas...it was crazy but worth it!







Here is Grandpa with the boys after we got home...the boys are decked out in the shirts we made for them!


Here are some pictures of the fronts of their shirts:
Maddux's says: Daddy and Grandpa's Future Running Buddy
Nate's says: Go Grandpa and Uncle Greg!


and the backs...

Maddux's says: "My dad is faster than your dad!"
Nate's says: "If you want to get second place...follow my Grandpa!"

10 comments:

amber belmonte said...

ahh! i love their little shirts! :)

Johnson Family said...

Hey,
Midge emailed me your blogs yesterday. So cute, you guys have such a cute little family. We need to get together again sometime!!!
Nikki

Olivia said...

Love the shirts... and I am super impressed with Greg and his Dad. They are awesome. It was fun talking to you last night and the answer to your question is YES! He he. I love all the pictures.

Ames Family said...

Those shirts are an absolute hoot! HA! Love 'em! Glad to see new pictures!

Leslie said...

Mel, I am so glad that I found you on here. Your family is so cute!!! I loved reading your blogs. This is a great way to keep up on what is going on. My new news is that I am expecting! We are so excited!!

Kelly Shoroye said...

Those are the cutest shirts. Maddux has gotten so big, he is adorable!

Megan and Mike said...

I would love to meet up for lunch! i love looking at all you pix!!! i cant believe your a mom! how fun!

Anonymous said...

oh my...those boys are so cute! love the shirts!!

Ryan and Jenny said...

Hey there Melenie, I just stumbled accross your blog and I wanted to say hello from an old friend. It looks like life is going great for you. You have a really cute kid there. Congrats to your husband on the marathon, my uncle runs that marathon usually every year and never has gotten close to that time. Im glad everything is going so well for you.

Your old pal,
Ryan Lang
Shoot me an e-mail, I would love to hear from you.
my e-mail is theforbiddendoughnut@msn.com

Janene said...

I love the shirts--super cute. Congrats to Greg--he is a stud. I cannot believe you married a marathon runner--crazy! By the way, you look so pretty in the car picture!