Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Region Champs!!

For those of you who don't know...my husband Greg is the Head Coach of the boys Cross Country Team at Canyon View High School here in Cedar City. He has done such an amazing job with the team since he has become coach... and this year he has a really good varsity team.
Yesterday was the region championships, which is the last big meet before state, and his team place FIRST!!! 4 of his boys placed in the top 6!! (who are pictured above) It was so much fun to be a part of this amazing accomplishment for Greg and his team!
I am continually amazed with all of Greg's many talents...not only is he an amazing runner himself but he is also such a good dad, a really good teacher, a great husband, and obviously an awesome coach! Here is Greg and his varsity team

Greg being interviewed by two newspapers! Such a celebrity! Autographs anyone?
If you want to read the whole article click here.

The Regional Champs! Good Luck at State boys!

5 comments:

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

Great job! That would be my husbands dream job!!

Anonymous said...

How cool! I knew Greg would be an awesome coach. Everyone loved him and respected him when he was a captain in high school! Congrats Greg!

Hey...I don't think I have your email address and I want to add you to the list to view our blog. My email is lildebbie829@aol.com.

Olivia said...

That's awesome. Tell Greg Congrats. What an accomplishment for him... and his team. I'm sure Greg is a great coach... those boys are lucky.

amber belmonte said...

that's so awesome! my husband really wants to coach high school football one day.

Unknown said...

Hi Melanie! Thanks for dropping by my blog and saying howdy! Yours is great, and I'm going to take some time to get to know your family better after Thanksgiving. Isn't this a cool way to connect?? And congratulations to your husband. The only way I could ever run cross country is if a bear were running behind me!