Saturday, May 3, 2008

Going Back to Work

About a month and a half ago I unfortunately had to go back to work. It was such a crazy and emotional time for our family. A week before I was scheduled to start work again my babysitter called and quit on me. I was devastated and even considered quiting. Instead, I tearfully searched for a new babysitter praying that something would work out. I quickly found out that no one had openings except one lady who live 20 min. away and who I was not comfortable with...but she was my only option.
That Sunday I ran into a friend of mine who told me that she had mentioned our situation to a friend of hers and that her friend had said she might be willing to watch one little guy to bring in a little extra money. I of course burst into tears and said "maybe this is the answer to my prayers!"
Greg and I went to meet Samantha that next week and just loved her and her family. She has three kids of her own, a boy age 1 and two girls ages 6 and 4. As we were leaving her house she said "I know you think that this could be an answer to your prayers...but I think it's an answer to mine."
Needless to say she is wonderful! We have become great friends and her family has become very attached to Maddux. I feel so blessed that they are a part of our lives. Here are a few pictures of Maddux with her cute kids.

Maddux and his best bud Ryder

Maddux hanging with the girls

Sadie (6) and Skyler (4)

Such handsome smiley boys
I am so excited that in just three weeks I get to be home for the summer again with Maddux. It can't come fast enough!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Taryn said...

I'm looking at these pictures for the second time now and I'm just dying over that last picture of Maddux. Ryan and I think it is just SO cute!! I'm so glad that things have worked out-I bet those kids love having Maddux around!

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

Isn't it amazing how things work out. We've had similar things happen when I went back to work. It just makes you so grateful for everything..especially the time you get to spend with your family! Good luck.... Way cute pics!!

Olivia said...

I know I've told you this before but I'm really happy for you that things worked out so good with the babysitter. Her kids are adorable.... and Maddux fits right in. Well except for the fact he looks like a chubby mini Greg. He is so so cute. Love the deer in the headlights look in one of the pics. It made me laugh. Can't wait to see the Jumppy video.

Janssen said...

What a blessing! Sounds like everything has worked out beautifully.

Tristen said...

I am glad that everything worked out okay for you guys! About the blurb book. It took a little bit of time but overall I thought it was SO simple because it did all the hard work (importing the pictures into pages) for me and I just went through and did some touch ups. I love it and I bet you would enjoy doing it and love the book to have as well! Let me know if I answered your questions! Love ya girl!

Josh and Megan said...

Are you just counting down the days till the end of the year like I am? I can't wait, and I bet you are dying to be home with Maddux again! That little boy with him is a babe...so is your little guy. Summers are one great perk about our job!

The Biggs said...

I'm glad you found someone fantastic to watch your little one...it really is so hard to leave them behind so it's good to have someone you can completely trust and rely on! And good thing the summer is just around the corner!

amber belmonte said...

it's incredible how things work out sometimes! The pictures are adorable!

Ames Family said...

I thought I already commented on this post a while ago, but I guess that it didn't save! So glad to hear that it is all working out so smoothly. So did you know that Kristi just had a baby girl? What the heck! I didn't even know that she was pregnant!!!! WOW!